LOL Cast: Laugh Out Loud (LOL) is a 2012 coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by Lisa Azuelos. This American adaptation of Azuelos’ own 2008 French film, “LOL (Laughing Out Loud),” follows the life of a teenage girl, Lola (played by Miley Cyrus), as she navigates the challenges of high school, friendships, and her strained relationship with her mother (played by Demi Moore). In this comprehensive overview, we’ll delve into the cast, plot, production, reception, and draw conclusions about this film’s place in cinematic history.
|February 10, 2012 (India)
May 4, 2012 (United States)
|LOL (Laughing Out Loud) by
Lisa Azuelos Nans Delgado
Double Feature Films
Boasts a talented ensemble cast that brings the characters to life with skill and authenticity:
- Miley Cyrus as Lola “Lol” Williams – The film’s central character, Lola, is portrayed by Miley Cyrus, who embodies the role of a high school girl experiencing the ups and downs of adolescence. This marked a departure from her Disney Channel days.
- Demi Moore as Anne Williams – Demi Moore takes on the role of Anne, Lola’s mother. Moore’s performance captures the complexity of a mother struggling to connect with her teenage daughter.
- Ashley Greene as Ashley – Ashley Greene plays Lola’s best friend, Ashley. Her character provides comedic relief and adds depth to the story.
- Douglas Booth as Kyle Ross – Douglas Booth portrays Kyle, Lola’s love interest and a source of teenage romance in the film. His charisma and charm make him a standout character.
- Thomas Jane as Allen Williams – Thomas Jane plays Allen, Anne’s former lover and a potential romantic interest, adding an intriguing layer to the film’s plot.
- Jay Hernandez as James – Jay Hernandez takes on the role of James, a caring and understanding authority figure in Lola’s life.
- Ashley Hinshaw as Emily
- Marlo Thomas as Gran Williams
- George Finn as Chad
- Lina Esco as Janice
- Tanz Watson as Lloyd
- Adam Sevani as Wen
- Nora Dunn as Emily’s mother
- Gina Gershon as Kathy
- Fisher Stevens as Roman
- Austin Nichols as Mr. Ross
- Jean-Luc Bilodeau as Jeremy
- Brady Tutton as Jackson
- Terdman as Concert Groupie
LOL explores the tumultuous world of high school, where Lola and her friends navigate the challenges of teenage life, including relationships, friendship, and self-discovery. Key plot points include:
Lola’s Strained Relationship with Her Mother: The film opens with Lola discovering her mother, Anne, reading her personal diary, leading to tension and a breakdown in their already fragile relationship.
Friendship Dynamics: Lola’s best friend, Ashley, goes through a pregnancy scare, testing their friendship. The film delves into the ups and downs of teenage friendships.
Romantic Relationships: Lola’s budding romance with Kyle and her mother’s involvement with Allen add romantic dimensions to the story.
Teenage Rebellion: Lola engages in rebellious behavior, including experimenting with drugs and skipping school, which strains her relationship with Anne even further.
Growing Up and Self-Discovery: As Lola navigates the challenges of growing up, she must also confront her own identity and values.
LOL underwent production with a focus on capturing the essence of teenage life and its challenges. Some key production aspects include:
Director and Screenwriter: Lisa Azuelos, who directed and co-wrote the original French film, took on the directorial role for the American adaptation. Her experience with the source material brought authenticity to the story.
Filming Locations: The film was primarily shot in the Detroit metropolitan area, giving the film a suburban American backdrop that contrasts with the original French setting.
Music: The film features a soundtrack with contemporary pop songs that resonate with the target audience, enhancing the viewing experience.
All your querys answer in this article
- Cast of lol 2012
- Cast of lol
- Lol movie cast
- Lol cast
- Rollebesetningen i Lol 2012
- Lol actors
Related PostsAll Saints Cast (TV Series 1998)
Houseboat Cast (1958 film)
Blue Murder Cast
Spartacus Gods of the Arena Cast (TV Series 2011)
In conclusion, LOL Cast (2012) provides an intriguing look into the world of teenage life, focusing on the challenges of growing up, relationships, and the complexities of mother-daughter dynamics. With a talented cast and a storyline that captures the essence of adolescence, the film has found its place in cinematic history as a portrayal of the trials and tribulations of coming-of-age. While it may not have achieved universal critical acclaim, it remains a relevant and relatable film for its target audience and serves as a reflection of the teenage experience in the early 2010s.1 Share = 1 Motivation (please share)